Conditions of Sale
Your bid is a binding and legal contract. BIDDING AT THIS AUCTION, WHETHER IN PERSON, BY AGENT, ORDER BID, TELEPHONE, INTERNET OR OTHER MEANS, CONSTITUTES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE "CONDITIONS OF SALE".
Payment may be made by cash, check or wire transfer. Visa or MasterCard may be used up to the amount of $5,000 per auction. Purchases are subject to 6.35% CT sales tax. ALL ITEMS MUST BE PAID FOR WITHIN 5 DAYS OF THE SALE, AT WHICH POINT THEY WILL BE RELEASED FOR SHIPMENT OR DELIVERY.
As a convenience to the Buyer, Shannon's LLC will make a referral
for packing and shipping. This is at the request, expense, and risk
of the Buyer, and Shannon's assumes no responsibility for the
items or the timing of delivery. Insurance for in transit items is the
responsibility of the buyer.
Taxes on your purchase:
1.Please Read the Terms and Conditions - Very Important. BY REGISTERING AND ACCEPTING A BIDDER NUMBER, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE AS STATED BELOW. The Terms and Conditions of Sale should be taken seriously before Bidding. Our terms are very clearly listed and are non negotiable and legally binding.
1(a) Please ask questions about items before you bid. All items are sold as is/where is. (This means there is no guarantee...buyer beware). Please pay within 7 days of the auction (if this is not possible, please do not bid). Our terms are very clearly listed and are non negotiable, please take the time to read them because they are legally binding.
(b)The catalog and descriptions is meant to be a guideline only. Buyer should use personal discretion and consider errors. Absolutely no returns or refunds.
2. No Guarantees, No Refunds and No Exchanges. Terms are final and will be enforced. . All items are sold without warranty, express or implied as to size, count, weight, authenticity, period, material, origin, manufacturer or omission. We do our best to provide accurate descriptions but are subject to error. The absence of condition statement does Not imply that the lot is in perfect condition, or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. Note: For mechanical items, assume that they are not working, we cannot guarantee a mechanical item. The information provided is only as a courtesy and is subject to error and/or change or deletions. Purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the condition, quality and description of item before bidding. No statement contained in catalog or orally at the sale or elsewhere shall be deemed to be such a warranty or representation of an assumption of liability on behalf of Atlanta Auction Co.
2(a) Buyer is cautioned to use the preview to closely examine all merchandise and to use his/her best judgment. If buyer cannot attend perhaps an agent should preview items on your behalf.
2(b) Title transfer to the customer at the fall of the auction hammer and is subject to the provisions listed herein. From that moment on, Auctioneer will accept no returns. Please be sure you are bidding on the correct item and have done your examinations prior to the auction. Pay close attention, the auction moves quickly and you can easily lose a bid by not acting quickly.
2(c) Atlanta Auction Company will not be responsible for bids placed in error.
3. Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any and all bids at his sole discretion whether or not a reserve is in place and will be the sole arbiter of any dispute. The auctioneer, if he chooses, may re-offer a disputed lot. The winning bidder is determined by the auctioneer only.
4. Atlanta Auction Company will execute bids that are submitted prior to the auction for absentee bidders. Bids are executed for the convenience of the absentee bidder. Atlanta Auction Company will not be held responsible for failing to execute the bid or for any errors relating to the execution of the bid including Internet failure.
5. PAYMENT: (upon receipt of Invoice from Atlanta Auction Company - Buyer is to Call Atlanta Auction Company. A Buyers Premium of 18% will be added to the hammer price of each lot paid. You Must Call us upon receipt of your Invoice We Do Not Have a Copy of Your Credit Card Information. (We do not accept Pay Pal or Diners Card).
6. Shipping & Insurance will be added to the Invoice AFTER the Credit Card is provided to Atlanta Auction Company as a Secondcharge to the credit card.
7. The Steps to Payment Are:
1. Winning Bidders are Invoiced the Monday after the Sale. This amount includes the Price of the Item, plus 18% Buyers Premium, . (no shipping is added at time of initial invoice).
Upon Receipt of your Invoice on Monday - Call us at 770.331.9180 or 770.330.4863. (We do not have your credit card information).
2. Insure that your email address is correct. (remember to check the Junk File for receipt of invoice).
3. Call Atlanta Auction Company upon receipt of the invoice to provide credit card information (WE DO NOT HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION). We do not accept or work with PayPal. Call 770.331.9180 or 770.330.4863. (Invoice payment is due immediately upon receipt.).
4.Please Read This Paragraph - It is Important
Note: Unpaid Items (over 7 Days Post Auction) will be sold for storage fees and Bidder Will Still Owe the Entire Amount of the Invoice Plus Shipping & Insurance. Bidder will be reported to Auction Zip.
5. All items will be shipped by FED-X to buyers within 10-15 Days days after credit card payment is received and deposited in auction company Escrow account. No refunds or exchanges of any kind and No Exceptions. We reserve the right to hold shipment until payment has cleared.
6. Shipping: Items will be shipped and the cost of shipping & Insurance will be added to the invoice. If damage occurs from shipping it will be the responsibility of the buyer to file a report with FED-X for damages. Georgia Sales Tax Will Not be charged for Items Shipped.
7. All Buyers must remove items purchased. Atlanta Auction Company will assist buyers in delivery or shipping of purchases at buyers expense. Purchases must be paid for immediately and removed from the premises with one week of sale date. Buyers are responsible for the payment of items regardless of lack of pickup. Purchased items paid for but left at the Auction for over 7 days from Auction Date will be sold for storage fees. No Exceptions.
No guns will be shipped until all Federal Background checks have been complete and approved. We have no control over how long the process will take. Recently, the time frame has been lengthy.
You must pay for all guns purchased at end of auction. Note: It may take up to 5 weeks to receive a gun.
9. This auction may contain items that have a reserve amount. Auction house reserves the right to "Pass" on the lot if it does not meet the reserve amount. Once the reserve amount has been met or exceeded the item will be sold to the highest bidder.
10.. Lots with multiple items in the lot may not have detailed information on everything. You may need to send a representative or attend the auction yourself to be certain that the item and/or items are everything you thought they were. (Remember -Everything is sold as-is, where-is with no guarantees). No Exceptions.
11. If items are not paid for in a timely fashion (within 7 days of the sale), you will be reported as a "non-paying bidder. No exceptions. We also will submit your past due invoice to our collection agency for payment after 30 days and all collection cost will be added to your invoice.
12. Upon the Auctioneer announcing "Sold", title to the property will immediately pass to the highest bidder acknowledge by the Auctioneer. Once title to the property has passed to the highest bidder, such bidder (a) assumes all risks and responsibilities (b) will pay the full purchase price plus fees for insurance and shipping and buyers premium.
13. Some lots may have a low and high estimate which represents a general range of estimated value. Estimates are subject to revision. Actual prices realized for items can fall below or above this "estimate range". An estimate of the selling price Should Not Be Relied Upon As A Statement That This Is The Price At Which The Item Will Sell Or Its Value Guarantee Of Any Kind or For Any Other Purpose/Appraisal.
14. Atlanta Auction Company reserves the right, and complete discretion, to refuse admission to the premises or participation in any auction and to reject any bid. Atlanta Auction Company also reserves the right to refuse to acknowledge any bidder. The highest bidder acknowledges by the auctioneer will be the purchaser. The auctioneer has the right at his absolute and sole discretion to advance the bidding in such a manner as he may decide; he may withdraw a lot or may divide any lot or combine a lot or lots. In the event of error or dispute between bidders, or in the event of doubt on our part as to the validity of any bid whether during or after a sale, the auctioneer has the final discretion to determine the successful bidder, to continue the bidding, to cancel the sale, or to re-offer and re-sell the lot in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, the Atlanta Auction Company sale record shall be conclusive.
15. Live Internet bidding is available during the auction, however, Atlanta Auction Company cannot be held responsible for the Live Internet Bids that are not sent, received or executed by administrator. We accept bids from the floor gallery, by left bid, by phone bid and online. You may place an absentee bid online and still not prevail when the selling price is the same or, in some cases, lower than the winning bid. The reason for this is the auctioneer takes bids from where he/she sees them first. A person (live in the same room) relays the internet bids to the auctioneer and sometimes the auctioneer will see one of the other bids (gallery, phone or gallery absentee) first. If the online record of an auction shows the online bidder at the top of the bids, but has a floor bidder at the same price THE FLOOR BID BOUGHT IT. This occurs at every live auction where internet bids are handled and usually several times every auction. THE FACT THAT IT SAYs ONLINE THAT THE "EARLIER BID TAKES PRECEDENCE IS ONLY TRUE FOR BIDS PLACED ON LIKE "EBAY" BUT NOT FOR A REAL LIVE AUCTION". The auctioneer in a live auction DOES NOT KNOW YOUR TOP BID and, in fact, doesn't know whether your bid is absentee or in real time. Also, be advised, that some bids may be delayed due to the data transmission (and human transmission) so that the auctioneer does not recognize a bid from the internet. (This also tends to happen quite frequently and we have no control over. Your only guarantee is to be in the room bidding . The auctioneer is the final determination on who is the winning bidder and Not the Internet Clerk or Online Record of Bids.
If you purchase any firearms, you must provide a valid Federal Firearms License faxed to 770-237-9276 before we can ship your item(s). If you do not have a valid Federal Firearms License, the firearms must be shipped to a person or store that has a valid Federal Firearms license. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!! If you can not provide this information for firearms, then don't bid on any firearms..
All items are shipped Fed-x ground, if you want your items shipped quicker than ground additional charges will be added to you invoice.
Thanks for your compliance.
These terms and conditions apply to all registered bidders on line and in-house bidders. No Exceptions.
Absolutely no firearms will be shipped outside of the United States of America......
16. To be Tax Exempt you must have a current Tax Exempt Certification on file at the time of auction. Only Tax Exempt Certifications for resale for the type of product will be accepted.
17. Bidders must register to bid at auction and must be of the age of 18 years or older.
18. All previous announcements made on auction day take precedence over any and all prior advertisements or announcements.
19. Children under the ag of 12 must be accompanied at all times by an adult during preview or auction.
20. Returned checks will have a $50.00 service fee charge. Invoice must be paid immediately in cash upon occurrence.
21. Consignors of items are not permitted to bid on any of their consigned items.
22. Atlanta Auction is not responsible for any accidents of any kind during an auction or preview or while on auction property.
23. Any theft of items at auction will be reported to Law Enforcement immediately.
24. Absolutely to "Tie Bids" at any auction conducted by Atlanta Auction Company. Auctioneer has right to refuse bid from anytime for any reason.
Shannon's LLC Fine Art Auctioneers acts solely as an agent for various
owners and consignors. It exercises care in describing all items listed
and uses judgment in attributing authorship, but offers no guarantee
regarding authenticity, condition, or description. The items described
in this catalog, which description may be amended by notice or
announcement at sale time, are offered for sale by Shannon's LLC as
agent for various owners or others authorized to sell the items.